Menendez Pelayo International University, in cooperation with the Ministry of Vocational Education and Training, recalled 14,000 Scholarships to learn English One week of intensive language immersion course.
The application period ends on June 29, 2021.
What does the scholarship include for learning English?
The scholarship, amounting to €545.22, covers attendance of an intensive English language course of 40 teaching hours spread over five days in a boarding school, with accommodation in shared rooms and full board, from Sunday afternoon until Saturday afternoon.
- The assistance includes all maintenance, accommodation and education expenses and the selected student has to pay €100 to reserve a place.
- The student shall bear the travel expenses to the place where the course is held.
The courses, which will be exclusively oral and taught by teachers and conversation assistants in groups of 15 students, will be taught in two ways: Oral Agility in General English and Specialized English.
To award an English level, a previous level test will be taken online, and once the scholarship is awarded, another final level test will be taken at the time of joining the course, to confirm the level initially selected.
Requirements to be able to access immersion assistance in English
To be eligible for the scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- Be 18 years old before June 29 and not turned 30 before December 31, 2021.
- Be in possession of a scholarship for undergraduate education, higher technical education, other higher education, higher level vocational training or the second year of the baccalaureate in the general call for scholarships from the Ministry of Education in the academic year 2018-2019 or 2019-2020.
- Grants will be awarded in reverse order to the applicant’s individual household income that was used to award the general scholarship for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 academic year. In the case of applicants who have been awarded scholarships by the Ministry of Vocational Education and Training in both cycles, the income used to award the scholarship will be taken for the 2019-2020 academic year. If the applicants are scholarship holders from the Ministry in both cycles, the income used to award the scholarship for the academic year 2019-2020 will be taken as a reference.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received this assistance in previous years.
The courses will take place between August 2 and December 13, 2021 at the campuses of Menéndez Universities Pelayo Santander, A Coruña, Cuenca, Seville, Valencia, Tenerife, Madrid and Barcelona, with places distributed according to availability. You can find more information in the resolution calling for grants that you can download at this link from the ministry, from which you can also request the scholarship.
You may also like