North Carolina, Raleigh – With the goal of building a network of leaders who want to work towards a more inclusive and equitable education system in North Carolina, the nonprofit organization LatinxEd has announced that registration for the Beca LatixEd Initiative will be open through April 22.
“It’s a great opportunity to learn how to improve the North Carolina educational system through training and tools that allow for the expansion of individual leadership,” he explained to NC . Latin linkEleazar Posada, LatinxEd Fellowship Project Leader.
Posada noted that at the end of the fellowship, each participant will receive a stipend of $1,000 for their commitment and feedback.
eligibility – eligibility
Scholarship applicants must be committed to the mission, vision and beliefs of the LatinxEd.
In addition, you have the following characteristics:
- Developing a positive identity for Latino families
- Actively work in an organization that advances access to opportunities
- strategic thinker
- Active Continuous
- latin or spanish
- At least 20 years old
- Residents of North Carolina
- US citizenship not required
For the 2022 cycle, LatinxED selects people who reside in the northeastern, central, southern, southeastern, and southwestern regions of the state.
To apply, we share the form here
You can also contact Eliazar Posada for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Through the fellowship experience, emerging educational leaders in Latin America will gain:
- Professional development of skills such as media training and general strategic communications on storytelling, awareness of education governance, and an opportunity to learn leadership frameworks to help individuals and organizations adapt to challenging environments.
- a deeper understanding of the current landscape of statewide educational initiatives focused on educational equity in North Carolina; s
- A supportive community that will raise their voice on issues of Latino education that matter to them, and serve as a way to amplify their message and work across the state.
As part of this scholarship, selected individuals will be committed to
- Attend Three Scholarship Retreats and the Latin Education Summit
- Participate in virtual training workshops, webinars, coaching and Zoom calls to the community
- Participation in educational panel discussions and informal café events for an outside audience;
- Contribute to a video of the 2022 scholarship group regarding their views on challenges and opportunities in advancing the success of Latino students in North Carolina
- Become an active member of the new LatinxEd Education Leaders Network, a group of Latinx community members interested in participating in educational efforts at the state and local levels.
In-person events or interactions will follow Covid-19 safety protocols.
- April 25-29: Interviews with the finalists
- May 6: Scholarship decisions
- May 26-27: Fellowship Retreat (in person)
- May 23 – June 26: Create a practicing community (virtual)
- June 30 – July 1: End of summer resort (in person)**
- August – October: Strategic Communication Component
- September 14-15: Latinx Education Summit
- October 27 and 28: Closure of the retreat